AMU Alumni Association of Greater Chicago (AMUAA-GC) is involved in the mentorship of the current students and alumni of Aligarh Muslim University. It helps primarily to guide students to apply for higher education in the United States. Each year alumni deliver lectures to the students at AMU regarding opportunities of higher learning in the prestigious universities of United States.
The association also collaborates with Sir Syed Education Society of North America (www.ssesa.us) that gives Sir Syed Emerging Scholar Award (SSESA) each year to deserving students of AMU who are interested to pursue MS/Ph.D. program in the United States. SSESA award helps the students with financial assistance for taking GRE/TOEFL exams and payment of university application fees. It also mentors students throughout the application process.
GOALS OF MENTORSHIP PROGRAM:
- Support students to achieve academic excellence and advise on career choices
- Encourage goal setting and achievement of those goals
- Help with locating needed resources for higher learning
- Suggestions for improving study skills, habits, time and stress management
- Advise on choosing an alternate career – Risk and Rewards